Hughes 9502 M2M Integrated BGAN Terminal
The world’s most advanced, all-IP, BGAN machine-to-machine satellite terminal with integrated antenna and highest IP-66 ingress protection industry rating for outdoor installation
This one-piece terminal was introduced by Hughes as an alternative to the external antenna version of the 9502, this BGAN system integrates the 9502 modem with a compact antenna to create a single-piece, integrated, rugged terminal to withstand the most extreme weather conditions.
The exceptional low power consumption (<1 W idle) of the Hughes 9502 makes it possible to provide end-to-end IP connectivity to sites that are off the grid. This breakthrough provides end-to-end IP connectivity to power-challenged locations that rely upon solarbattery arrays involving sensitive power budgets.
- No minimum connection charge
- Minimum billing increment of 1 Kbyte
- No usage charge for over-the-air modem software upgrades
- Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure “always-on” network connectivity. No manual intervention required to recover from an outage
- Auto-on/auto-context activation automatically restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection
- Remote control via SMS provides management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and remote access to Web interface
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Idle: < 1W
- Transmit; < 20W
- Receive: < 3W