1. MOBIL SATELLITE TECHNOLOGIES VoIP E-911 SERVICES MAY NOT OPERATE DURING A POWER OUTAGE. In the event of a commercial power outage, the Internet Access device (IAD) will lose power causing a loss of voice and data service, including access to E-911 services. Once power service is restored, you may be required to reset or reconfigure your equipment before you will be able to use Mobil Satellite Technologies VoIP service to contact E-911 services. You are responsible for providing an uninterruptible backup power supply if you wish to ensure continued operation of electrical equipment in the event of a power outage.
2. E-911 SERVICES WILL NOT OPERATE IF YOUR BROADBAND CONNECTION IS DISRUPTED OR MOBIL SATELLITE TECHNOLOGIES VOIP SERVICE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, NON-PAYMENT. Once your broadband connection and Mobil Satellite Technologies VoIP service have been restored, you may be required to reset or reconfigure your equipment before you will be able to use Mobil Satellite Technologies service to contact E-911 services.
3. YOU MUST PROVIDE AND CONTINUOUSLY UPDATE MOBIL SATELLITE TECHNOLOGIES WITH YOUR CORRECT SERVICE ADDRESS OR YOUR E-911 SERVICES CALLS MAY BE ROUTED TO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU. You are responsible to ensure your 911 addresses are correct. 911 emergency services use the Caller ID of your phone to dispatch emergency service to the correct address. It is imperative that the correct address is registered and the correct caller ID is sent which corresponds to the physical location. VoIP phones are easily moved to new locations and the caller ID can be modified by the customer.
4. MOBIL SATELLITE TECHNOLOGIES E-911 SERVICES CALLS MAY NOT COMPLETE OR MAY BE ROUTED TO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU IF YOU DISABLE OR DAMAGE THE IAD.
5. MOBIL SATELLITE TECHNOLOGIES E-911 SERVICES CALLS MAY BE DELAYED OR DROPPED DUE TO NETWORK ARCHITECTURE. Due to network or Internet congestion or problems, calls to E-911 services made using Mobil Satellite Technologies VoIP services may be dropped, in which case you will not be connected to emergency services, or your E-911 calls may take longer to connect than E-911 calls made using traditional telephone service. YOU SHOULD MAINTAIN ALTERNATE MEANS OF CONTACTING E-911 SERVICES AND YOU MUST INFORM YOUR MOBIL SATELLITE TECHNOLOGIES VOIP USERS OF THESE ALTERNATE MEANS.
6. MOBIL SATELLITE TECHNOLOGIES VoIP E911 SERVICES MAY NOT BE GENERALLY AVAILABLE TO MOBILE USERS. Because of the continually moving nature of mobile (vehicle based) users, it is not always practicable for users of the Mobil Satellite VoIP service to notify Mobilsat of their new location each time they relocate as specified in Paragraph # 3 above. Mobile customers and users of the Mobil Satellite Technologies VoIP service understand and agree that unless the correct address or location information has not been provided by Customer, there will be no E-911 service provided, and that they will not be able to contact emergency services by dialing 9-1-1 using Mobil Satellite Technologies VoIP service. Customer acknowledges that it is their sole responsibility to inform all users of their Mobil Satellite Technologies VoIP services that they may not be able to contact emergency services by dialing 911 using Mobil Satellite Technologies VoIP service unless the correct location has been identified by Customer.
Mobil satellite Technologies maintains an online portal where customers can update their e-911 location information. Click here.
A copy of this FCC order is available at Satellite-VoIP-voiceoverIP/FCC-05-116A1.doc.